Sunday 18 September 2011

We’re Going to Party in Style!

In one of our planning conversations with our premier sponsor IKEA Canada it was suggested we hold our social event Blend 2011: A Fusion of Social Media & Design at a “boutique hotel”. Karla, Barbara and Nancy – lovely women who are much more cultured then I – knew exactly what kind of hotel that was. Me? I had to look it up!

Boutique Hotel: An intimate, usually luxurious or unique hotel environment

Wow! This definition perfectly describes the kind of event we want Blend 2011 to be! It was easy for me to agree to the idea of a boutique hotel.

And the hotel we chose ~ Loden Hotel ~ is boutique-extraordinaire!

Grand Salon - Boardroom Set Up[1]

 

Take a look at the rooms we’ll be “blending” in!!

With its lovely white classic architectural features and random modern splashes, THIS is the Grand Salon.

Voya Private Dining Room at Loden

 

 

 

And, attached to this fabulous room is the Voya Private Dining Room ~ wood paneled walls (added since this photo was taken) provide of touch of masculinity that wonderfully balances the the ambiance of the Grand Salon.

Can you see our Network members “blending” in these fantastic surroundings and having a beyond-terrific evening?!

 

Oh Ya! Of course you can!!

For those of you who are style & space aficionados ~ who wonder about furniture placement for our fantabulous night… well, let me show you!

(I took these photos last week during my visit to the Loden Hotel)

DSCF2159These are the doors that “blend” the two rooms into one (and that’s Kathryn, the events manager at the hotel. I had her stand in the pics so we could get a sense of the room’s scale. Even though the request was strange[!], Kathryn was very obliging!)

And here are my notes showing what will go where in the Grand Salon ;-)

Furniture Plan Room 1 - C

Furniture Plan Room 1 - B

If you’re looking for me at Blend 2011 you’ll find me in the Lounge Section sitting comfortably on a sofa while my organizing colleagues do all the work.

Yep. I’m lazy like that!

This last photo shows the Voyathe perfect room for our food and bar!

Furniture Plan Room 2

I can’t wait!

This is going to be a simply phenomenal evening!

Victoria
w/ Nancy, Karla and Barbara
cdn.d&lbWEST Organizers

9 comments:

Tracey Ayton Photography said...

OMG ....... what in the world am I going to wear???? Oh wait, it's not about me is it? :-)

Maillardville Manor said...

Looks amazing! I can't wait!!!

michelle b @ every little thing inspired said...

Lovely, you'll have a great time!!

Barbara Matson said...

I think I have a dress in my closet that I will wear but mamma needs some new shoes! I can't wait. Just finalizing the menu tomorrow!

Michelle said...

nice job ladies!! can't wait to meet you all! I love the Loden, and like Tracy, I have to start thinking about what I am going to wear...

Sheila Zeller said...

Wow - this looks amazing!!! Looking forward to meeting all of you... but seriously - oh what to wear! Thank you team-Victoria-Barbara-Nancy-Karla for all your hard work!

The Lovely in Life said...

Fabulous! Thanks to Victoria, Nancy, Karla and Barbara. You gals rock!

Jil Sonia Interiors said...

How exciting!!! What a gorgeous hotel, love that loooong table.

Becky said...

Wish I could go! Work calls :( I know you all will have a fantastic evening!